Monday, February 13, 2012

Eye Eye

In recent months I have found I need to make more use of my reading lamp and hand lens for the smaller writing on old documents. Today I attended my local hospital for a regular check up (my left eye has been damaged by glaucoma) and I was put on a waiting list for cataract removal in my "good" right eye. I was  not really surprised when I was told that in the meantime I should not drive. 

As I already had two other day operations planned,  my day to day activities between now and Easter will need rescheduling. In particular I will need to make more use of public transport, or arrange lifts with friends. The important thing is that I keep smiling and if things sometimes mean I can't manage a daily post, or to answer every query, I am not going to worry. That just being realistic in old age.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.