Monday, December 17, 2012

News Items on my Great Great Grandfather, Francis Reynolds.

As part of my writing a review on the British Newspaper Archives I decided that the case of my ancestor Francis Evered Reynolds was worthy of attention. What I knew was that he appears to have abandoned his family and was involved in some way with horse racing. I successfully discovered that he effectively went bankrupt in 1843 but that one of the horses he trained won a race at Swaffhan in 1861. However I suspect that there are other racing references in the Archive which I could not identify.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.