Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Preliminary Trials with "Hertfordshire on the Map"


I have now posted a dozen "pins" on the map using HistoryPin and you will find them

It is possible that I could make use of the "Hertfordshire on the Map" facilities to help to share information across the web and the "pins" have been selected range from a football team to a map and include a collection of pictures of medieval fields, one of which is over the border in Buckinghamshire. As my increasing age (and the increasing age of the software I use) means that the future of my web site needs careful planning I would be grateful if everyone who reads this could visit at least one pin, and leave a comment, even if it is that you visited a particular page and liked (or more importantly disliked) what you found there.

There are two comments I want to make, meaning you don't need to add yours:

  1. Not all my pictures currently appear on "Hertfordshire on the Map" but all are on the site. I am trying to find out why and will be correcting this.
  2. Some of the links back from my site to HistoryPin may be private rather than public links. Again I am working on this one.
Remember - the more helpful the comments the easier it will be for me to plan the future of the "Genealogy in Hertfordshire" web site.
[All comments are moderated so may take some time to appear]

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.