Monday, October 13, 2014

Polish up your British History

It is clear that many of the people who use my web site are comparatively new to family history research and have little real understanding of the the relevant historical and social environment that their ancestors would have known first hand. For those of you who did not study history in any detail at school, or were taught about the Kings and Queens and great events but nothing about the everyday lives of everyday people I strongly recommend the BBC History Web Site. I have only recently discovered it, while trying to find out how many people lived in England at various date in the past. Finding it useful I have located a number of articles which I am sure many of you will find helpful. I have added the link to the Key Web Sites Menu on the main site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.