Thursday, March 19, 2015

Hertfordshire Genealogy Web Site is now fully operational again

There have been problems following the relocation of the web site to another server - in part because at the same time my asthma started giving problems, and in part because I am in the process of moving much of my computer activities from Windows XP to Windows 8. Because of the move the "Ask Chris" and "Tell Me" facilities failed to work for a time - and as both needed a rewrite a temporary email link replaces the previous forms. Apart from this change everything should now be fully operational.

At the time all this was happening other factors also put me in "avoid stress" mode (related to the post traumatic stress I suffered following the deaths of my daughters Lucy and Belinda). In practice this means that the more I have to do the less that actually gets done ...  a typical stress relieving activity being to take a long country walk. While I will do my best to keep the site, and this news blog running, and to clear the backlog of interesting emails, things may be slower than usual over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the newsletter for the Genealogy in Hertfordshire Web site. Comments on this blog are moderated and may be transferred to the web site where appropriate. If you have a local or family history query you want answered you must use "Ask Chris" - See box in right hand column. Anonymous comments cannot be answered.